How To Tell If You Have A Gas Leak
Gas leakages need urgent attention by a Brisbane plumber. If you believe you have a gas leakage, take the necessary safety precautions detailed in this report then get in contact with your local Brisbane plumber. The most important step detail by your local Brisbane plumber is ensuring there are no open flames, sparks or flammable materials in your home.
To tell if there is a gas leak in your home, your local Brisbane plumber has detailed some common signs to watch out for. These include:
- A Hissing Sound: The hissing sound around your gas appliances is generally a sign of leaking gas. This leak may be small or large, but either way, it should be handled quickly by a Brisbane plumber.
- Rotten-egg Smell: Natural gas or LPG gas are known to smell like rotten eggs. This is because additives are used in LPG gas for safety reasons. For this reason, a rotten egg smell may indicate a leak in your gas which should be handled by your local Brisbane plumber.
- Bubbling: When gas leaks through the ground there are different methods to identify these leakages. Brisbane plumbers recommend searching for bubbles in wet soil to identify an underground leak.
- Health Symptoms: Gas can cause carbon monoxide poisoning with high enough exposure. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, breathlessness, nausea, fatigue, dizziness and loss of consciousness.
5 Steps To Take If You Identify A Gas Leak
If you have identified a gas leak your local Brisbane plumber recommends you:
- Turn off your gas supply
- Remove all sources of potential sparks and fire
- Leave all switches alone
- Ventilate the area as much as possible. Open windows and doors to let the gas escape.
- Move to a safer location and contact your local Brisbane plumbers
- If the smell is coming from the street or anywhere prior to your meter, contact the gas company immediately.
- If the smell is coming from your gas supply then contact your local Brisbane plumber.
Maintain Your Gas System
To avoid further hazardous situations, you should talk to your local Brisbane plumber about getting regular maintenance. This will save you time, money and minimise risk in the long-term. This needs to be done by a qualified Brisbane plumber due to legal requirements.
DO YOU NEED A BRISBANE PLUMBER?
If you are currently experiencing gas leakages in the Brisbane area, you will need to find a local Brisbane plumber to assist with your problem. Seeking the help of a licensed Brisbane plumber will lessen the danger of the gas exploding, as well as the chance of future gas related issues.
Gas leakages are all in a days work for The Brisbane Plumbers. Gas installation, maintenance and repair are some of the most common things we do. If you have any problems or concerns about your gas system, call The Brisbane Plumbers today. We are Brisbane’s leading emergency plumbers. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any day of the year. We also have a 60 minutes response time guarantee. Call now on 0450 932 850.